Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday (2) Waiting on Wednesday (2) Weigh in Wednesday (4)


  

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper that lets bloggers gush about books that have been sitting on their WLs for awhile.

My pick this week is:

This is Not a Test

Six kids trapped in a high school during the zombie apocalypse?  Yes, please!  I can't wait to read this one.  I love survival stories and I love zombies so this couldn't be a better match for me.  This book has also been getting rave reviews and seems to live up to the hype.  I can't wait to find out for myself!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where bloggers highlight upcoming releases we are drooling over.

My pick this week is:

Tiger Lily

I love Peter Pan.  The book, the Disney movie and all the live action adaptations, even the play. So of course I was super excited when I first heard about a Peter Pan book told from Tiger Lily's perspective.  I've always been curious about her so this book caught my eye immediately. It comes out on July 3rd, 2012 from Harper Collins.


waight-1

Weigh in Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren over at Epilogue where bloggers weigh in on literary topics.

This weeks topic:

Action/Adventure vs. Romance

Why are all of these so difficult for me?!  I guess if I had to choose one it would be Action/Adventure.  I love romance but sometimes it gets a bit tired and old.  Action and adventure never get boring for me though.  I love books with fight scenes and daring escapes.  The perfect book has both though and humor as well.  See The Princess Bride ;)

6 comments:

  1. Comepletely agree with you on The Princess Bride. Has there ever been anything to rival it? Not likely! ;)
    I have a review copy of This is not a test and I'm dying, DYING to get to it, too!
    Great choices this week!
    My WOW!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Not a Test sounds really interesting, hope you manage to get your hands on it soon :)

    Here is my Wishlist Wednesday post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answer to weigh in Wednesday! I think a book is best when there's a lot of action, but you can see the romance grow as a side effect, slowly and realistically. I liked how JK Rowling did that in the Harry Potter Series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to both This Is Not a Test and (especially) Tiger Lily as well, and I'm glad that adventure never gets boring for you...I admit sometimes it does for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I loved Tiger Lily! I managed to get an ARC at RT this year, best thing ever!

    My review for that will be up on Saturday if you were curious!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Tiger Lily! Huge Peter Pan fan here!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesay-22-greta-and-goblin.html

    ReplyDelete