Sunday, April 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (1)


In my mailbox is a weekly meme started by Kristi over at The Story Siren to help you show off which new books you received/bought/downloaded/borrowed/stole (just kidding of course, no thievery allowed!) this week.  Hop over to her wonderful blog to learn more about it!

So this is my first IMM, and I download some great looking books onto my Kindle this week and I'm super excited!  Best of all, all of these are currently free through Amazon for download so check them out!

Awakening by Karice Bolton
Awakening (The Watchers Trilogy, #1)
Goodreads Profile
This is the first book in The Watchers Trilogy and it is about a girl named Ana who has lost her parents and is trying to start a new life for herself.  She meet this guy Athen who is from the Underworld (omg awesome!) and finds out she has special powers.  Adventure ensues.

At first I wasn't sure this was up my alley but then I saw the word "underworld" and let me tell you something about myself:  I love mythology, so my mind immediately went there.  I'm not sure if it is actually about mythology, but I'll have fun finding out.

Tears of the Broken by A.M. Hudson
Tears of the Broken
Goodreads Profile


This book only has a handful of reviews but they are raves!  It is a vampire romance (who doesn't love those?) but apparently there are some different twists in this book.  It's about a human with a tragic past, Ara, who falls in love with a vampire named David who apparently has an even bigger secret than...well...being a vampire.  I can't wait to read this one!

Marked by Kim Richardson
Marked (Soul Guardians, #1)
Goodreads Profile


Okay,confession, ever since I developed an obsession with the CW show Supernatural I've had this fascination with angels.  However, I haven't read an angel book yet (I know, shoot me).  This book seems like a great place to start.  It's about a girl named Kara who dies and begins to train as a guardian angel.  However after the other angels notice a mark on her leg they accuse her of being a spy for the demons.  Yes please!  Now, this book has had mixed reviews but sometimes I really end up liking those types of books.  I'll be reading this one very soon.

Shadowbloom by The Sullivan Brothers
Shadowbloom
Goodreads Profile
Here's another one with mixed reviews. It's about twins, Axton and Aniva, who's parent's disappear after crashing their car into a willow tree when the twins are three.  When they grow up the twins go back to the willow and discover a magical garden world.  The premise, at first, didn't suck me in but some of the reviews on Amazon said it was a really unique book.  Plus that cover is just amazing.  It's like Shel Silverstein meets Alice in Wonderland. We'll see about this one.

That's it for the new books this week.  I have a few more in my TBR pile before I get to these but I should finish them all fairly soon.  Have a great Sunday everyone!!



12 comments:

  1. It looks like you made some interesting choices. Don't you just love free books? I hope all of them are enjoyable stories. Thanks for visiting my mailbox. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your comment on Tears of the Broken make me smile, Catie! LOL a vampire that has a bigger secret than being a vampire? Now I'm intrigued! x) Awesome books you have in your mailbox this week! I hope you'll enjoy all the books! :)

    Thank you for following, you're awesome! I followed back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kathy and Hilda!

    And yes I do love free books haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Awakening on my Kindle too waiting for me to get around to. :) And Shadowbloom looks like something I need to check out, thanks for sharing!

    New follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! So many awesome books. Tears of the Broken looks really good. Enjoy your reads!=D

    Drop by my IMM?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some unique looking books in your IMM. I specially like Awakening (must be the cover, right?)

    Thanks for stopping by and for the follow, I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooow! Your IMM looks fantastic. I hope you would enjoy reading your books.

    And thanks for dropping by :D

    Mariska (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those covers are gorgeous! Thanks for the follow - I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting group of books. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had my eyes on The Watchers Trilogy for quite some time now. I do hope I'll manage to get a copy soon. Great IMM, Catie, thank you for stopping by.
    Followed you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Here is disincentive from book blogs, following you too now :) Thanks!

    Disincentive @ (read, watch, listen) - reviews

    ReplyDelete